Douglas County Community Events
Umpqua Valley Bluegrass Band at Blackbird Bistro
EVERY Third Wednesday Year-Round | 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Come and have a wonderful dinner prepared by Chef Jay, enjoy a fabulous dessert and/or a glass of wine while digging our tasty tunes! Reserve your table at 541-672-8589. No cover charge.
Umpqua Valley Bluegrass Band has mandolin, fiddle, guitar, upright string bass, banjo & 3-part vocal harmonies.
Blackbird Bistro, 1969 SE Stephens, Roseburg
541-672-8589 or 670-9120 | email@example.com
Third Sunday Bluegrass Jam
Every Third Sunday Year-Round | 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Opened to listeners and pickers. All levels encouraged. Refreshments - Donations kindly accepted.
Sponsored by the Oregon Bluegrass Association - Roseburg Chapter.
Sutherlin Senior Center, (202 East Central Ave., Sutherlin
LIZ at 541-679-0553 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.oregonbluegrass.org
Each Friday | 12:10 PM | Free and open to the PUBLIC!
Special music presented by various artists every Friday during Lent. Each meditation is preceded by a donation soup and sandwich luncheon provided by the Presbyterian Women in the church social hall at 11:30 a.m.
823 SE Lane Avenue, Roseburg
email@example.com | 541-673-5559
Women Owning the Woods: A Walk in the Woods and Potluck
April 25 | 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM | Free
Pre-registration required by April 23.
Networking opportunity for female woodland owners and managers. WOWnet is comprised of women who are interested in woodland management and provedes opportunities for groups to get together to share forestry and natural resources experiences, learn about forest management, and exchange personal knowledge. The “Walk in the Woods and Potluck” will be held at a local small woodland in Oakland. We will tour the property, learn about the owner’s management experiences, discuss forest management challenges, and conclude with a dinner potluck.
Small Woodland Area in Oakland
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541-672-4461
Lookinglass Elementary Fun Run Fundraiser
April 29 | 9:00 AM
100m sprint and 1mile race for kiddos - free This race will start at 9:00am 5k and 5mile run - $10 without shirt, $20 with short sleeve shirt, or $25 with long sleeve shirt. This race will start at 10:00am
All races and activities will be held/start at the Lookingglass School. Registration forms will be available at the Lookingglass School for those of you who want to register early, or you can register the day of the event. There will be food, drinks, and music provided after the race. There will also be additional apparel available to purchase - lightweight pullovers and hats. Raffle tickets will be for sale that could win you a great grab bag. Music starts at 11 am. The band's performing are: Coleen and Co The Dutrons Mo'jo Boogie The Dylan James Show .
Lookinglass Elementary, Lookinglass Road, Roseburg
email@example.com | 541-643-5045 or 541-680-5874
Police K9's Unleashed
April 30 | 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM | Free | NO PETS ALLOWED!
K9 Demo like no other: Pursuits, Searches, Captures, Jumping in and from vehicles and much more! Meet multiple agency K9 Teams. Limited Special Edition T-shirts for Sale. Rain or Shine!
Legion Field, 2050 Stewart Park Drive, Roseburg
Mercy Medical Center: COMMUNITY SUPPORT GROUP SCHEDULE
- Alcoholics Anonymous – Meets Mondays, 6 – 7 p.m. Conference Room C, Mercy Medical Center, 2700 Stewart Parkway, free. Please call 541-677-4810 for more information.
- Blood Pressure Screening – Take care of your health; have your blood pressure checked. The Mercy Medical Center Volunteer Counsel provides these free screenings. Wednesdays, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., YMCA. For more information, please call 541-677-4464.
- Children’s Bereavement Support “Walk About Hooves” – The “Walk About Hooves” program, sponsored by Mercy Foundation, is bringing a new and exciting resource to our Douglas County children. Mercy Foundation is partnering with “Walk About Hooves” to bring Equine Assisted Learning to Douglas County families who have experienced a loss. This service is for the students and is offered at no costs. For more information and to register, please call 541-677-2384.
- Mammography Screening Services – Early detection is your best defense. This is by appointment only. Mercy Outpatient Imaging, 1813 W Harvard. Please call 541-677-2345.
- Grief Support Group – Meets Mondays, 10 – 11:30 a.m. Community Cancer Center, Room B, 2880 NW Stewart Parkway, Roseburg, free. Please call 541-677-1258 for more information.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Group – Meets Wednesdays, 7 p.m., Westside Christian Church, 2750 Harvard, Roseburg, free. Please call Diana 541-817-4072 for more information.
- NextStep Smoking Cessation Support Group – Meets Tuesdays, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Community Cancer Center, Conference rooms B & C, 2880 NW Stewart Parkway, Roseburg, Please call 541-673-2267 for more information.
- Series: The Gift of Motherhood, childbirth preparation class. Wednesday’s from 7 – 9 p.m. Mercy Conference rooms A and B. Continuing through May 3. Next series begins on May 10, 2017 through June 14, 2017.
- MAY 1: Better Breathers Club of Roseburg – Meeting on the first Monday of the month. 1:30 – 2:30 p.m., Community Cancer Center, 2880 NW Stewart Parkway. For more information please call Susan at 541-677-4314.
- MAY 2: Living Well with Diabetes – Meets the first Tuesday of each month, 1 – 2 p.m., Community Cancer Center, 2880 NW Stewart Parkway, free. For more information, please call Trudy at 541-229-0152.
- MAY 3: Roseburg Family Caregivers Support Group – Meets the first Wednesday of each month, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m., Douglas County Court House Rm.#221, 1036 SE Douglas Avenue, free. Please call Douglas County Senior Services at 541-440-3677 for more information.
- MAY 3: Memory Care Support Group – Meets the first Wednesday of each month, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m., for location information, please call Sarah Calvert at 541-464-5600.
- MAY 4: Visually Impaired People – Meets the first Thursday of each month, 10 – 11:30 AM, free. For new location information, please call Dan Smith at 541-784-5554.
- MAY 8: Parkinson’s Support Group – Meets the second Monday of each month, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 1771 W Harvard Ave, free. For more information, please call Sandy at 541-430-1286.
- MAY 9: Ostomy Support Group – Meets the second Tuesday of each month, 12 – 1 p.m. please call Jacqui at 541-912-1284 for location information.
- MAY 9: Bereavement Support Group – Meets the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month, 5 – 6:30 p.m., Linus Oakes, 2665 NW Van Pelt, Main Building Chapel, free. Please call 541-677-2384 for more information.
- MAY 11: Breast Cancer Support Group – Meets the second Thursday of each month, from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m., Canyonville City Council Chambers, 250 N Main St, Canyonville, OR. Please call the Community Cancer Center 541-673-2267 for more information.
- MAY 16: Alzheimer’s Support Group – Meets the third Tuesday of each month, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m., Callahan Court Memory Care Community, 1770 NW Valley View Drive, free. For more information and to register for the meeting, please call 541-673-3900.
- MAY 17: Bereavement Support Group Luncheon – Meets the third Wednesday of each month, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., Karen’s Coffee Cup, 2445 NE Diamond Lake Blvd., free. Please call 541-677-2384 for more information.
- MAY 17: Roseburg Cancer Support Group – Meets the third Wednesday of each month, 1 – 3 p.m., Community Cancer Center, 2880 Stewart Parkway, Suite 100, free. Please call 541-440-9409 or 541-672-5960 for additional information.
- MAY 18: Breast Cancer Support Group – Meets the third Thursday of each month, from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m., Community Cancer Center, Conference Rooms B & C, 2880 NW Stewart Parkway. Please call 541-673-2267 for more information.
- MAY 18: South County Family Caregivers Support Group – Meets the third Thursday of each month, 2 – 3:30 p.m., free. Please call Douglas County Senior Services at 541-440-3677 for location and more information.
- MAY 22: Hearing Loss Association of America: Douglas County Chapter – Meets the fourth Monday of each month, 7 – 9 p.m., for new location information, please email Chuck at firstname.lastname@example.org
- MAY 23: Bereavement Support Group – Meets the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month, 5 – 6:30 p.m., Linus Oakes, 2665 NW Van Pelt, Main Building Chapel, free. Please call 541-677-2384 for more information.
- MAY 24: Lupus Support Group – Meets the fourth Wednesday of each month, 5 – 6 p.m., free. For new location information please call Peggy 541-229-0439.
Meetings on a slightly different schedule:
- Celiac Support and Resource Group – Now meeting quarterly. For more information (date, time, location) please call Sue at 541-672-2977.
- Gluten Free Support Group – Meets for lunch periodically. Please call Sue for more information at 541-672-2977
Mercy Medical Center, 2700 Stewart Parkway, Roseburg
Canyonville Farmer's Market
Every Wednesday from May 3 - Sept. 27 | 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM | Free
Local farmers market featuring local farmers, artisans, and live music! Pet Friendly!
Seven Feathers Parking Lot, 146 Chief Miwaleta Ln., Canyonville
email@example.com | 541-375-0725
Spring Rummage Sale
May 5 | 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
May 6 | 9:00 AM - Noon| You may purchase one of our grocery bags for $1 & fill it with clothing. At 11:00 AM you may fill another $1 bag with anything that will fit in that bag.
St. George Episcopal Church, 1024 SE Cass, Roseburg
Friends of Myrtle Creek Library Bake Sale
May 6 | 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM | Free
Bake sale to raise funds for the summer reading program.
909 S. Main St., Myrtle Creek
Melrose Cemetery Assoc Annual Meeting
May 8 | 7:00 PM | Free
Annual meeting for all members of Melrose Cemetery. This year's meeting includes an election of officers.
3918 Melrose Rd., Roseburg
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541-673-0148
Downtown Roseburg Sip & Shop
May 11 | 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM | This event is FREE to the public!
Live outdoor music, a cheetah ambassador from Wildlife Safari, snacks, and alcoholic & non alcoholic beverage tastings will be provided.
There will be multiple promotional events going on inside offices & stores! The idea is to be able to shop & explore downtown in a pleasant atmosphere, and for all ages to have the opportunity to enjoy the Heart of Roseburg.
There is no charge paid to the DRA to participate as a business/organization in this event. Start planning your in store promotions! Have your establishment OPEN and
Entrance & Check In: The Overpark Area between Brown's Shoe Fit & Adapt. Incentives will be offered to those who come at 5 and park in the parking garage.
We need sponsors and volunteers! Ask how you can help and or get involved!
541-817-6277 | email@example.com
2nd Annual Mother's Day 5k Run/Walk
May 13 | 9:00 AM
Cost is $35 when registered by May 7; $45 after. Kids under 12 run free with paid registration. Parking fees included in price of registration; please indicate whether or not you have an Annual County Parks Parking Pass. Registration packets will be available race day from 7:45-8:45am.
Proceeds benefit: Safe Haven Maternity Home
River Forks Park, Roseburg
Roseburg Beer Week+
July 22 - 29 | Event participants must be 21 or over
Join us for Roseburg, Oregon's third annual Beer Week+, a celebration of local beer culture and its continuing growth in our community. Roseburg becomes Brewburg from one Saturday to the next because seven days just isn't long enough for all of the events at the participating breweries, pubs, and craft beer venues in the Umpqua Valley. It's a week+ of fermenting fun!
Kicking off the celebration on Sat., July 22 is the Hammer Ales Brewfest at the Seven Feathers Casino Resort. Hosted by the Umpqua Valley Habitat for Humanity, this fourth annual fundraiser will again tap dozens of local and regional craft beers. Also featured will be nationally known live music, local food, games, and contests.
Other events throughout the Week+ of Fermenting Fun include Special Releases, Tastings & Tap Takeovers; Meet the Brewers & Tours; Beer & Food Pairings; Live Music; Demos, Culture, Education & History; and Contests, Games, & Diversions. Event participants must be 21 or over. Visit our websites for updated information and Like our Facebook page.
Various locations, Roseburg | firstname.lastname@example.org
To reach our Community Calendar Coordinator, please email: LaneDouglasCoosCommunity@sbgtv.com