Douglas County Community Events
Umpqua Valley Bluegrass Band at Blackbird Bistro
EVERY Third Wednesday Year-Round | 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Come and have a wonderful dinner prepared by Chef Jay, enjoy a fabulous dessert and/or a glass of wine while digging our tasty tunes! Reserve your table at 541-672-8589. No cover charge.
Umpqua Valley Bluegrass Band has mandolin, fiddle, guitar, upright string bass, banjo & 3-part vocal harmonies.
Blackbird Bistro, 1969 SE Stephens, Roseburg
541-672-8589 or 670-9120 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Third Sunday Bluegrass Jam
Every Third Sunday Year-Round | 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Opened to listeners and pickers. All levels encouraged. Refreshments - Donations kindly accepted.
Sponsored by the Oregon Bluegrass Association - Roseburg Chapter.
Sutherlin Senior Center, (202 East Central Ave., Sutherlin
LIZ at 541-679-0553 | email@example.com | www.oregonbluegrass.org
Each Friday | 12:10 PM | Free and open to the PUBLIC!
Special music presented by various artists every Friday during Lent. Each meditation is preceded by a donation soup and sandwich luncheon provided by the Presbyterian Women in the church social hall at 11:30 a.m.
823 SE Lane Avenue, Roseburg
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541-673-5559
Mercy Medical Center: COMMUNITY SUPPORT GROUP SCHEDULE
- Alcoholics Anonymous – Meets Mondays, 6 – 7 p.m. Conference Room C, Mercy Medical Center, 2700 Stewart Parkway, free. Please call 541-677-4810 for more information.
- Blood Pressure Screening – Take care of your health; have your blood pressure checked. The Mercy Medical Center Volunteer Counsel provides these free screenings. Wednesdays, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., YMCA. For more information, please call 541-677-4464.
- Children’s Bereavement Support “Walk About Hooves” – The “Walk About Hooves” program, sponsored by Mercy Foundation, is bringing a new and exciting resource to our Douglas County children. Mercy Foundation is partnering with “Walk About Hooves” to bring Equine Assisted Learning to Douglas County families who have experienced a loss. This service is for the students and is offered at no costs. For more information and to register, please call 541-677-2384.
- Mammography Screening Services – Early detection is your best defense. This is by appointment only. Mercy Outpatient Imaging, 1813 W Harvard. Please call 541-677-2345.
- Grief Support Group – Meets Mondays, 10 – 11:30 a.m. Community Cancer Center, Room B, 2880 NW Stewart Parkway, Roseburg, free. Please call 541-677-1258 for more information.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Group – Meets Wednesdays, 7 p.m., Westside Christian Church, 2750 Harvard, Roseburg, free. Please call Diana 541-817-4072 for more information.
- NextStep Smoking Cessation Support Group – Meets Tuesdays, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Community Cancer Center, Conference rooms B & C, 2880 NW Stewart Parkway, Roseburg, Please call 541-673-2267 for more information.
- Series: The Gift of Motherhood, childbirth preparation class. Wednesday’s from 7 – 9 p.m. Mercy Conference rooms A and B. Continuing through May 3. Next series begins on May 10, 2017 through June 14, 2017.
- Coming Soon!
Meetings on a slightly different schedule:
- Celiac Support and Resource Group – Now meeting quarterly. For more information (date, time, location) please call Sue at 541-672-2977.
- Gluten Free Support Group – Meets for lunch periodically. Please call Sue for more information at 541-672-2977
Mercy Medical Center, 2700 Stewart Parkway, Roseburg
Canyonville Farmer's Market
Every Wednesday from Now - Sept. 27 | 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM | Free
Local farmers market featuring local farmers, artisans, and live music! Pet Friendly!
Seven Feathers Parking Lot, 146 Chief Miwaleta Ln., Canyonville
email@example.com | 541-375-0725
Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Parkview Skating Center
Admission: $2.50 | Skate rentals: $1.50 | In-lines $3.00
- Hawaiian Skate Night | June 16 | 7:00 PM– 9:00 PM | FREE Hawaiian Leis to the first 75 skaters |Costume Contest and a Hula Dance Contest
- Disco Skate Night | June 23 | 7:00 PM– 9:00 PM | FREE Disco ball necklace to the first 24 skaters | Costume Contest and a Disco Dance Contest
- Western Skate Night | June 30 | 7:00 PM– 9:00 PM | FREE horse lollipops to the first 24 skaters | Costume Contest | Learn a Line Dance on Skates | Lasso Peter the Cow for $1.00
Parkview Skating Center, 1151 NW Stewart Parkway, Roseburg | 541-957-5283
Movies in the Park
June 2 - 23 | Pre-Movie Entertainment 7:30 PM | Movie begins 9:00 PM
Food and beverages will be available from vendors at the park. Bring a blanket and come enjoy a fun-filled evening with family and friends! All movies and activities are weather permitting and are subject to change and will not be shown in the case of rain or high winds. Children under age 13 must be accompanied by an adult. No alcohol or tobacco is allowed in the park.
- June 16: Sing: A koala impresario stages a gala singing competition in order to save his theater, and the contest attracts the attention of such musically inclined animals as a harried pig mom, a teenage gorilla, a shy elephant and a punk porcupine. Sponsored by Ten Down Bowling & Entertainment!
- June 23: La La Land: A struggling actress and an aspiring pianist fall in love as they both pursue their dreams in L.A. However, their blossoming relationship is challenged when their careers pull them in different directions. Sponsored by Booster Juice!
Stewart Park Half Shell, Roseburg
541-492-6730 | www.cityofroseburg.org
UCAN/WIC Douglas County Farmers Market & Resource Fair
July 7 and 21 | 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM | Free
UCAN/WIC is seeking Douglas County farmers that are interested in selling their produce at the WIC Farmers Market & Resource Fair or community partners who would like to have an information booth. WIC would like farmers who are certified to accept Farm Direct Vouchers. If you are interested in having a booth please contact Jennifer Wood.
621 W Madrone St., Roseburg | firstname.lastname@example.org
541-440-3619 | Facebook Page: WIC of Douglas County
Ride for 22 Veteran Suicide Awareness 1st Annual 5k
July 15 | 8:00 AM | $30/person
Raise awareness for veteran suicide. Proceeds will go to families impacted by the loss of loved ones due to suicide
2058 Stewart Park Dr., Roseburg | email@example.com | 541-670-6293 | Facebook Event
Roseburg Beer Week+
July 22 - 29 | Event participants must be 21 or over
Join us for Roseburg, Oregon's third annual Beer Week+, a celebration of local beer culture and its continuing growth in our community. Roseburg becomes Brewburg from one Saturday to the next because seven days just isn't long enough for all of the events at the participating breweries, pubs, and craft beer venues in the Umpqua Valley. It's a week+ of fermenting fun!
Kicking off the celebration on Sat., July 22 is the Hammer Ales Brewfest at the Seven Feathers Casino Resort. Hosted by the Umpqua Valley Habitat for Humanity, this fourth annual fundraiser will again tap dozens of local and regional craft beers. Also featured will be nationally known live music, local food, games, and contests.
Other events throughout the Week+ of Fermenting Fun include Special Releases, Tastings & Tap Takeovers; Meet the Brewers & Tours; Beer & Food Pairings; Live Music; Demos, Culture, Education & History; and Contests, Games, & Diversions. Event participants must be 21 or over. Visit our websites for updated information and Like our Facebook page.
Various locations, Roseburg | firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh Lowe's Dr. Energy Saver at the Douglas County Fair
August 9 - 12 | 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM | $4.00 - $10.00
Join us at the Douglas County Fair for a day of family fun that you won't forget! Come visit us during the fair to learn how to keep your home cool during the hot summer months!
Douglas County Fairgrounds Complex, 2110 SW Frear Street, Roseburg
email@example.com | 800-640-1500 | www.jldrenergysaver.com
Walk to End Alzheimer's - Roseburg
September 24 | Check-in: 10:00 AM | Walk begins: 11:00 AM
The Walk to End Alzheimer's is the world's largest event to raise funds and awareness for Alzheimer's disease. It is a traditional walk, where groups of people walk together in support of a loved one, a friend, or just want to see an end to this deadly disease.
Stewart Park, Roseburg | firstname.lastname@example.org | 541-345-8392
October 21 | 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM | $75.00 Each Ticket
The Boys & Girls Club of the Umpqua Valley's Celebrate Kids event is the annual fundraising event that honors our Club members for their star qualities and accomplishments. The evening includes an award ceremony, a delicious meal, and a live and silent auction. An event you won't want to miss!
1144 NE Cedar, Roseburg
email@example.com | 541-440-9505
To reach our Community Calendar Coordinator, please email: LaneDouglasCoosCommunity@sbgtv.com