Roseburg PD releases DUII statistics for August enforcement campaign
ROSEBURG, Ore. -- Roseburg Police officers participated in a traffic safety campaign focusing on DUII enforcement during the month of August.
During that month, RPD arrested six people for DUII.
The department, along with the Oregon Department of Transportation, encourages all drivers to plan ahead, and follow these tips:
* Even one drink can impair your judgment and increase the risk of getting arrested for driving drunk--or worse, the risk of having a crash while driving.
* If you will be drinking, do not plan on driving. Plan ahead; designate a sober driver before the party begins.
* If you have been drinking, do not drive. Call a taxi, phone a sober friend or family member or use public transportation.
* Be responsible. If someone you know is drinking, do not let that person get behind the wheel.
* If you see an impaired driver on the road, contact law enforcement. Your actions may save someone's life, and inaction could cost a life.
Said RPD in a news release: "Remember, it is never safe to drink and drive: Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over."