Increased DUII patrols for 2014 Dunefest
The Sheriff's Office said the traffic safety campaign focuses on increased patrols that focus on DUII investigations.
From DCSO: The sheriff joins the Oregon Department of Transportation in asking drivers to celebrate Dune Fest safely, and remembering:
- Even one drink can impair your judgment and increase the risk of getting arrested for driving drunkor worse, the risk of having a crash while driving.
- If you will be drinking, do not plan on driving. Plan ahead; designate a sober driver before the party begins.
- If you have been drinking, do not drive. Call a taxi, phone a sober friend or family member or use public transportation.
- Be responsible. If someone you know is drinking, do not let that person get behind the wheel.
- If you see an impaired driver on the road, contact law enforcement. Your actions may save someone's life, and inaction could cost a life.