Increased DUII patrols for 2014 Dunefest
Deputies are hoping to crack down on drunk driving in Douglas County this week as drivers hit the road for the 2014 Dunefest in Winchester Bay.
The Sheriff's Office said the traffic safety campaign focuses on increased patrols that focus on DUII investigations.
From DCSO: The sheriff joins the Oregon Department of Transportation in asking drivers to celebrate Dune Fest safely, and remembering:
- Even one drink can impair your judgment and increase the risk of getting arrested for driving drunkor worse, the risk of having a crash while driving.
- If you will be drinking, do not plan on driving. Plan ahead; designate a sober driver before the party begins.
- If you have been drinking, do not drive. Call a taxi, phone a sober friend or family member or use public transportation.
- Be responsible. If someone you know is drinking, do not let that person get behind the wheel.
- If you see an impaired driver on the road, contact law enforcement. Your actions may save someone's life, and inaction could cost a life.